Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 29, 2010

Dear fam,
Another crazy week. Another up and downer. It started out really good, and at the end it all sort of just crashed. We were teaching a lot of lessons, and we found lots of new people. We have tried new strategies, because everyone in Praia is sick of the Elders. It's such a small place that all of the doors have been knocked a million times. We have tried more contacting on the street, but that isn't very effective either. And the people that we do find, almost none are from Praia. So lately we have been going to this place called São Sebastião. I think it is the furthest city away from us that is still part of our area. We have to take a 30 min bus ride to get there, but we have had good success in finding people to teach there. We probably would have gone there every day this week, but we had a lot of other stuff to do. It's sort of hard to find the time to do everything we want to do, we being part of the branch presidency. President Smith, the branch president, is on vacation right now, so we have a few more responsibilities than usual. And since I'm District Leader, I have to do interviews for the other Elders baptismal candidates. On Friday, there were 8 interviews that I had to do! Luckily, the Zone Leaders came and helped with the interviews, so it went by faster. Then the next day, I had to go to Angra, which takes an hour bus ride, which is the Zone Leaders area, and do another interview. So we lost quite a bit of time right at the end of the week. The baptism went really well on Saturday. There was one family baptized, and 2 kids from a different family, and then 1 other kid was baptized yesterday. It was cool. I got to baptize the mom. The spirit was really strong at the baptism, and now we have a really strong addition to the branch. I'll send some pics of the baptism. Anyways, so that's basically the progress of the area right now.
It's good to hear what's going on with the rest of the fam. It's cool to hear about all the new babies coming, and about all the mission calls as well. If you see Ryan Walker, tell him I say hi, and be sure to send me his address when he gets out on his mission.
That's awesome that Steve is in another play. Tell me how it goes. Does he have a lead part? I bet he does. Is that a musical? I have never seen it.
Yeah, I'm excited about General Conference too. I don't think we will be able to see all of it this time. I'm not sure. I know that they won't be broadcasting the Priesthood Session, which is too bad, cause that's always my favorite. I am excited to see mom too, and point her out to everyone, haha.
Well, sorry this email is short. I don't know what else to write. I love you guys.
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment